LONDON W11 strives to be a leader in sustainability and believes that a successful future for our brand and our customers depends on the sustainability of the communities and economies in which we operate.
As a responsible and mindful brand, we bear the responsibility to consider the impacts of our practices and how they affect the environment both directly of our own operations, and indirectly through our sourcing decisions and the products we offer to our customers and the opportunities we pursue.
We are committed to minimising the impact of our business on the environment and to demonstrating leadership beyond committing to recycled materials by integrating environmental considerations into all our business practices.
2. COMMITMENT FROM LONDON W11
We want our garments and their production to be part of a sustainable society. We are committed to:
Protect the Environment:
- LONDON W11 will protect the environment by minimising its environmental impact, through the commitment to the use of recycled materials and responsible management of its business practices;
- Will design products to reduce adverse environmental impact in production, use and disposal;
- Will reduce resource consumption and waste in operations;
- LONDON W11 will comply with, or exceed, our environmental obligations, including being proactive regarding environmental legislation that affects the business.
Objectives and Targets
- LONDON W11 will set target within the scope of the environmental management system, to achieve continual improvement of its sustainability targets;
- Will establish and periodically review progress on objectives and targets in the pursuit of continuous improvement in its business practices for the purpose of strengthening its environmental performance and ongoing prevention of pollution.
- LONDON W11 will minimise the environmental impacts of its operations through best practice management of the use of energy and water, transportation, material consumption, waste and emissions;
- Will encourage suppliers, manufacturers and retailers to align with LONDON W11’s environmental principles.
- LONDON W11 will consider the environmental performance of suppliers and the environmental attributes of products and services in purchasing decisions;
- LONDON W11 will raise employee awareness and support employee creativity and enthusiasm with respect to implementing the environmental policies, programs and initiatives;
- Will continually promote environmental awareness, responsibility and push boundaries in implementing sustainability best practices.